Rent a VPS
News: You can now view our OpenBazaar store on the web!
VPS rentals are now available in the Alpha test. To access the marketplace and rent a VPS, do the following:
- Download the OpenBazaar client and install it on your computer.
- Configure the client to use Bitcoin Cash (BCH).
- Navigate to our test store by pasting this address into the OpenBazaar client:
- Fund your wallet with BCH. Here are some ways to get Bitcoin Cash (BCH):
- If you just want to try out a rental, send a message to the store in the OpenBazaar client with your wallet address. We’ll send you $0.10 in BCH to try out rentals. Or you can ask on our Slack channel.
- Use this web app to receive $0.10 in BCH for staring our project on GitHub.
- You can get $0.10 in BCH from this BCH faucet.
- You can purchase BCH on an exchange like CoinBase.
- Browse the listings and make a purchase. Use coupon code TESTING to drop the price of rentals to $0.01. The SSH login information is located in the ordering information in OpenBazaar after payment is made.
- Wondering what to do now? Start a webpage! Note: Most VPSs provide 64GB of storage, which can be accessed in the /media/storage directory.